Serves 2, about 20 minutes to prepare + cook.
2 red chillis, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic
2 cups of pumpkin
1 egg, beaten
1t of coconut / raw sugar
1T light soy sauce/oyster sauce
½ cup of water
A big bunch of fresh coriander, mint or Thai basil to serve!
1. Cut the outer skin off of the pumpkin and remove the seeds from the inside.
2. Cut the flesh into cubes.
3. Chop up the garlic and chillies.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic until it becomes lightly browned and fragrant.
5. Then add the chillies, spring onion and cook for a further minute.
6. Add the water and pumpkin into the pan and cover with a lid.
7. Cook for around 5-10 minutes until the pumpkin is softer, but still slight firmness (nicer when they are soft but hold their shape). Then take off the lid and allow the remaining water to dry up.
8. Once the water is gone add the sugar and stir.
9. Make a small space to the side of the pan and pour in the egg, let it cook a bit in the pan first then coat the pumpkin with the egg.
10. Finally, add the soy sauce and stir quickly- serve hot with fresh herbs on top! Great with lean meat, rice + Asian greens.